Lifestyle Assessment, Health Promotion, and Prevention
Busy lives with many layers of stress and challenge can have an insidious effect on health and wellbeing. A comprehensive, holistic assessment of a patient’s lifestyle identifies areas of concern and leads to the development of a customized lifestyle plan – with emphasis on diet, exercise, and mental and spiritual wellbeing – to promote optimal wellness and vitality. A thorough lifestyle assessment forms the basis of every patient evaluation.
“We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.”
- Find information and tools to help you and those you care about stay healthy. Evidenced-based health information and education developed by the US Department of Health & Human Services.
- This online ‘Quick Guide to Healthy Living’ includes information on topics such as nutrition and fitness, routine health tests, pregnancy, parenting and much more.
- The Mayo Clinic’s online guide to healthy living has information and tools for a healthy lifestyle. Find information on nutrition, fitness, weight loss and stress management as well as healthy recipes.
- Arizona’s Center for Integrative Medicine’s website helps you find an integrative medicine practitioner in your area, take online courses and stay up to date on integrative health in the news.
- Arizona’s Center for Integrative Medicine provides a wealth of informative handouts free to the public. Download information on nutrition, environmental health, pain management or tips for good sleep.
- The American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine certifies M.D’s and D.O’s in Integrative Holistic Medicine. You can use this website to find a holistic practitioner near you.
- The American Holistic Medical Association hosts conferences and connects holistic healthcare providers with one another. You can search for a holistic practitioner and also learn about how to best choose a health provider. The AMHA happily responds to public inquiries about many different holistic healing modalities.